We are almost a week away from the IV Latin America Pro-Am at Casa de Campo. We are excited to having you and we promise a great week of competition and camaraderie. We can assure you that this will be a special week and you will return home with fond memories of your trip; your home away from home, Casa de Campo.
To make sure that your trip to the Dominican Republic is uneventful, we would like to provide you with as much information as possible.
- To enter the country, you will need a valid passport.
- After passing Immigration, you will pick up your luggage and clear Customs.
- As you exit the airport, you will find a transportation representative holding a “Prestige Services” sign with either your name or “Casa de Campo”. La Romana Airport is only 10 minutes from our Front Desk, Punta Cana Airport is 45 minutes away and Santo Domingo is just 1 hour away on the newly opened highway.
Upon arrival at Casa de Campo, you will check in at the Front Desk and will be assigned a transportation cart to use around the Resort. You may check your golf bags into storage with the Teeth of the Dog Caddy Master.
On Tuesday, August 7th, we will have a Welcome Cocktail Party and Dinner at The Driving Range of Teeth of the Dog with Night Golf. After dinner, we will review the week's activities and answer any questions that you may have about the Resort or the tournament. If you are interested in optional Hole-in-One and Gross & Net Skins, please bring $50 per player in cash.
We look forward to seeing you in August. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (809) 523-8045 or 8115, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Birtel Gilles Gagnon
Director of Golf Operation Director de Golf Emeritus
Manuel Relancio Ernesto Vitienes
Head Golf Professional Assistant Golf Professional
Eric Lillibridge Joel Ortiz
Head Teaching Professional Assistant Profesional
Schedule of Events
Tuesday, August 7
- Arrival at Airport
- Golf Bag Storage Check-in at Teeth of the Dog Caddy Master
- Practice Rounds
- 7:15PM- Professional Meeting Only prior to Welcome Cocktail & Dinner at Driving Range
- 7:30PM - Welcome Cocktail Party & Dinner at The Driving Range with Night Golf
Wednesday, August 8
- 8:00AM – First Round Starting Times on Teeth of the Dog (1 Best Ball Net of Five)
- Free evening to enjoy the Resort’s restaurants
Thursday, August 9
- 8:00AM - Second Round Starting Times on Teeth of the Dog (1 Best Ball Gross + 1 Best Ball Net)
- Free evening to enjoy the Resort's restaurants
Friday, August 10
- 8:00 AM – Third and final Round Starting Times on Teeth of the Dog (Two Best Balls Net of Five)
- 10:00 AM Tennis Clinic for Non-Golfers (please sign up with Maria Leonardo at the golf office)
- 7:30 PM - Awards Cocktail Party & Dinner at La Casita, at the Marina
- Free Entrance at Genesis Night Club in Alto de Chavon (drinks not included)
Saturday, August 11
- Departure Day – Feel free to stay longer!
*Schedule of Events will be posted at the 19th Hole Bar and Caddy Master bulletin boards at Teeth of the Dog
**Tournament scoreboard is located at between Lago Restaurant and Teeth of the Dog Pro Shop
54 Hole Pro-Am
Teams will be divided into flights based on total team handicap index. The first 18 holes will be 1 best ball Net of five, second round will be 1 best ball gross plus 1 best ball net of the team (can not use the same golf ball) and the final 18 holes will be two best balls Net of the team. All teams compete in each division as well as for the overall championship, however, may only win prize.
54 Hole Professional Championship
Professionals will also compete in a Professional flight using the Stableford scoring system. Points are awarded as follows: 1 point for bogey, 2 for par, 3 for birdie, 4 for eagle and 5 for double eagle.
The courses will be set-up from the Gold Tees at approximately 6,700 yards, the Blue Tees at 6,400 yards, White Tees at 6,100 yards, Green Tees 5,900 yards & Red Tees at 5,600 yards.
Tees will be assigned according to the following formula:
- Gold Tees –Junior Professionals under 50
- Blue Tees – Senior Professionals 50-65
- Blue Tees – Ams whose age + white tee hdcp on Teeth < 70
- White Tees – Ams whose age + white tee hdcp on Teeth = 70-79
- Green Tees – Ams whose age +white tee hdcp on Teeth = 80+
(In order to qualify for the Green tee, the player must be at least 70 years of age)
- Red Tees- Ladies
Handicaps (as August 1st, 2018)
Maximum handicap per player will be 24. If a player has 30 handicap he will play with 24
As suggested in the USGA Handicap Manual:
- One Best Ball of Five – 80% course handicap
- Two Best Balls of Five – 90% course handicap
In the event of a tie for any prize position:
- Lowest final round score wins
- If still tied, match cards from hole #1 of final round
Optional Entertainment - Track Man Simulator Golf (Not included)
- $50 USD per player for 2 hours in Trackman Bay (4 players max)
- Two bays available any time until 8:00 PM (last booking time, to book please contact Maria Leonardo at the Golf Office)
- 5 day/4 night accommodations in Elite Rooms
- One four-seat transportation cart per room
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner, without surcharges, in Resort restaurants (snacks or additional meals are NOT INCLUDED)
- Unlimited drinks by the glass in all Resort bars and restaurants (mini bars in hotel rooms, bottles of alcohol or wine, specialty waters and premium brands are NOT INCLUDED)
- Drinks on the Oasis Carts and bars on the golf course (miniature bottles of alcohol are NOT INCLUDED)
- Unlimited green fees, shared carts, practice balls, and club storage
- Round trip airport transfers from and to La Romana, Santo Domingo and Punta Cana airports
- Tournament entry fee
- Tournament favors and prizes
- All taxes and service charges for included package items
Restaurants and Bars under the Tournament Packages
Lago Restaurant Breakfast & Lunch
19th Hole Teeth of the Dog Lunch
La Caña Lunch & Dinner
The Beach Club Lunch & Dinner (One night included)
La Casita at the Marina Dinner
Pubbelly at the Marina Lunch & Dinner
La Piazzetta at Altos de Chavon Dinner
**Restaurant schedules are listed in your Resort information packet or may be found by calling the Concierge. Reservations required. Dress code: Long pants, collared shirts